Tuesday 13 November 2012

More ginger biscuits

I had so much fun making ginger biscuits the other day that I decided to try out another recipe. These ones are oaty ginger biscuits and a little bit stickier than the others.

  • Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/180°C.
  • Melt 115g vegetable spread, 85g sugar and 1 desert spoon of syrup on a low heat.
  • Add 115g oats, 115g self raising flour, 1 heaped tsp ginger and a pinch of salt and mix well.
  • Teaspoon out onto a baking tray and cook for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe source: My mum again

I also baked some bread (which was some combination of flour, yeast, salt, water and olive oil)...

Spot the hedgehog!

... and some carob cornflake cakes, which are the less well known cousin of chocolate rice crispie cakes. I made them with 100g carob, 3 tbsp syrup, 60g vegetable spread melted together with 90g cornflakes.

I should probably have remembered to buy paper cases...

No comments:

Post a Comment