Monday 26 November 2012

Banana bread

When I was little, my Mum used to make super tasty banana bread and for ages I was on the look out for a vegan version that tasted as good. I made one a little while ago using this recipe, although I think I prefer the latest one. I got the recipe from someone who had brought along some banana bread to a university society meeting last year, or maybe even the year before. The oven in my flat is a bit dodgy, so the bread unfortunately ended up quite burnt on the outside... At least, I'm going to blame the oven... The result was overall very tasty, though.



  • Pre-heat the oven to 175°/Gas Mark 3.5.
  • Mix together 2 cups of plain flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking powder and an optional handful of walnuts.
  • Add 1/2 cup of oil, 1/2 cup soya milk, 3-4 very ripe bananas (mashed) and 1 tsp vanilla.
  • Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
  • Bake for an hour, then check because it might need 15 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment