Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ginger biscuits

I've been thinking lately that I need to bake more biscuits. Mmm, and some home baked bread. And maybe one day soon I'll try making a carrot cake that actually turns out well. I've made many in my time, but they always end up just too greasy. Anyway, back to biscuits... The other day, I made some tasty ginger biscuits...

I'll definitely be baking some more biscuits soon!
Here's the recipe:
  • Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 6 (190-200°C).
  • Mix together 115g self raising flour, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp mixed spices (I didn't have mixed spices and they still tasted pretty good without) and 55g vegetable spread.
  • When the mixture reaches a breadcrumb like consistency, add 55g sugar and 1 large tbsp syrup.
  • Roll into balls and place on a greased baking tray, flatten slightly with a fork.
  • Bake for 5-7 minutes, maybe a little longer depending on the size of the biscuits, til golden brown.

Recipe source: My Mum. In my first semester at university, when I hadn't long turned vegan, she came to visit me and brought my a big cake and various different biscuits, along with the recipes. They were really tasty so I don't know why I didn't make some more sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment