- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4/170°C.
- Mix together 170g self raising flour, 170g sugar, 1tsp baking powder and 1 grated lime/lemon rind.
- Melt 115g soya/sunflower spread and add it to the mix with 4tbsp soya milk.
- The recipe says to mix up egg replacer to the equivalent of 1 egg and add it to the mix, but you could use 50ml vegetable oil and a little extra baking powder, or any other egg alternative.
- If the mixture seems quite thick, don't worry; it's meant to be! If it's not, check you added the right ingredients, but still don't worry, it should be fine...
- Spoon mixture into a pre-greased tin (Make sure it's big enough!) and bake for 40 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lime/lemon and mix with about 100g icing sugar to make some tasty icing for when the cake's done.
Recipe source: The Cake Scoffer