|Best birthday cake ever|
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5/180°C.
- Cream together 250ml sugar, 240g soya/sunflower spread and 1tsp salt (if you have a blender you could use it now, but we didn't).
- Add 3 tbsp cocoa powder and 125g self raising flour (if you don't have self raising flour, just add baking powder to plain flour, about 3tsp for every 225g).
- Stir in 100g melted chocolate (be careful not to burn it), 120ml orange juice and a handful of chocolate chips/nuts/crystalised ginger/anything else you want to add. Be careful not to over-mix it!
- Line a square tin with greaseproof paper and pour in the mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes. It should still look a bit squishy, but cools harder.
- Enjoy! It's possibly one of the best brownies I've ever tasted...
Recipe source: Return of the Cake Scoffer