Thursday 1 March 2012

Pancake day/week/month...

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Supper
Everyone got pretty excited about pancake day a couple of weeks ago; several of my friends had them for every meal of the day. I only had them once, at Veggie Soc, when we made savoury pancakes, but they were super tasty. I'd had vegan pancakes before but they never really quite as good as non-vegan ones. This time, though, they were better! Since pancake day, I've had them a couple of times for breakfast but have managed to resist the temptation to eat them every morning... For now...

  • Mix together 1 cup flour, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp baking powder (and optional1/4 tsp ground cinnamon). I also added a handleful of raisins for breakfast pancakes.
  • In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup soya milk, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 tbsp water (and optional 1 tsp vanilla extract).
  • Add the dry and wet ingredients together. The recipe says it's fine for there to be lumps.
  • Melt a small amount of suflower spread in a pan.
  • Ladle some of the mixture into the pan and cook on both sides at a medium heat.
  • This recipe makes about 6 small pancakes, so you have plenty of time to practise flipping!
Recipe source: Madhuram's Eggless Cooking (Thanks Puja for sending me the link!)

1 comment:

  1. That's ok...I agree better than the non-vegan ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete