- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Mix together 95g plain flour, 20g cocoa powder, 150g sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp baking soda and 1/3 tsp baking powder.
- Add 180ml soya milk and an optional tbsp of agave (fruit syrup).
- Pour into a pre-greased baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- While it's baking, make the toppings.
(if someone was allergic to nuts, the brownie and sauce would still be really good even without the peanut butter)
- Combine 250g peanut butter and 5 tbsp vegetable spread.
- Add 190g icing sugar a bit at a time.
- Add a tbsp of soya milk to smooth out the mixture.
- Once the cake's cool, add the filling.
- Heat up 120ml soya milk and 60g vegetable spread until the spread melts.
- Break up 200g dark chocolate and add a bit at a time to melt it.
- Pour the sauce over the cake.
- When it's cool, leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours/overnight.
- Enjoy in very small quantities!
Recipe source: The Gluttonous Vegan (thanks to Michael for recommending it!)