Wednesday 10 August 2011

Emma finally updates her blog (part one)

It's been a while since my last post, and it really is high time I updated again! I've been so busy eating cake, I just haven't had time to write about it, you see. So, without further ado, onto the cake...

My first stop, on returning again to Nottingham, was Screaming Carrot, a vegan bakery in Forest Fields. As well as always being up for a good chat about soya milk, they make amazing pasties, nut rolls and sosmix rolls, but most importantly, they make cake. They supply these delights, through Lembas, a wholefood wholesaling cooperative, around the country. All except one, that is. I'd heard rumours about their No Name Bar for a while, but every time I asked about it, they told me they hadn't made any in ages. I even began to doubt its existence. Until, finally, last week, I got to try some for myself... A chocolate tiffin base covered in custard flavoured icing and a chocolate coating, suffused with a coconutty flavour made for a very rich, but also super-yummy, treat. It was definitely worth the wait!

Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment