|What a lamington is supposed to look like|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Mix together 200g self raising flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 115g sugar, 125ml vegetable oil, 325ml cold water and 2 tsp vanilla essence.
- Add the mixture into greased cake tins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool! This one is very important!
- Slice cake in half horizontally and sandwich back together with jam.
- Mix together 30g cocoa and 120g icing sugar with a few drops of water at a time until it reaches a good consistency (you may need to make more icing later).
- Slice the cake into squares and coat in chocolate icing.
- Roll lamingtons in dessicated coconut.
- Eat after the (veggie?) barbeque on the beach, but beware the surfing kangaroos; they will try to steal your cake.