|Chocolate and banana cake with smoothie|
- Cover frozen berries with apple juice and blend.
- Blend in a banana and optional soya yoghurt.
- Serve with banana chips and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Chocolate banana cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Sift together 285g plain flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 50g cocoa and 225g sugar.
- Mix in 10floz water (or 8floz water and 2floz soya milk) and 1 cup vegetable oil.
- Mash 1 banana and add to the mix.
- Pour mixture into 2 greased 8" tins and bake for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then smother in chocolate fudge icing and banana chips.
- Serve with soya custard.
Chocolate fudge icing
- Melt 50g soya/sunflower/vegetable spread.
- Stir in 3 tbsp water, 200g icing sugar, 50g cocoa and 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Try not to eat it all before it reaches the cake...!
Recipe source: The Cake Scoffer
Sound track: 'Banana Pancakes' by Jack Johnson (hey, it nearly fits!)